Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sa...@magproductions.nl on 2004/09/02 17:36:11 UTC

Tomcat connected to apache via proxy gives virtual host problems

Hi,

We are running tomcat5, proxied to apache. So far this has worked fine,
but now we want to attach a virtual host to a subdirectory. So we have

host1.com   maps to   webapps/
host2.com   maps to   webapps/foo/bar

Now, on host2.com paths are relative to webapps rather than
webapps/foo/bar. And thus, images can't be found and sessions don't work.
I'm inclined to think  since everything is proxied to localhost, tomcat
doesn't even know it's supposed to be a virtual host.

Is there a solution to this?

TIA, Sandor Vroemisse