Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jens Scheidtmann <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/19 09:33:29 UTC

2.0.3-alpha in pseudodristributed mode: How to force examples to run on yarn?

Dear all,

I finally have set up 2.0.3-alpha in pseudo distributed mode as per
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html

This is evidenced by having yarn resourcemanager and nodemanager running,
no exceptions in the logs and I am able to access their web interfaces. The
node manager has registered in the resourcemanager.

Instead of setting all the listed environment variables, I opted for
setting HADOOP_HOME correctly, and used the supplied start-yarn.sh script.

When running randomwriter as indicated on the above website, I notice that
the local job runner is used, which means only one map task is ever used.

Am I missing a configuration setting to have examples run on yarn?
Is there a way to fail Jobs, when they are using LocalJobRunner?

Thanks in advance,

Jens

Re: 2.0.3-alpha in pseudodristributed mode: How to force examples to run on yarn?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Do you have a mapred-site.xml configured with mapreduce.framework.name
set to yarn?

--
Harsh J

Re: 2.0.3-alpha in pseudodristributed mode: How to force examples to run on yarn?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: 2.0.3-alpha in pseudodristributed mode: How to force examples to run on yarn?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: 2.0.3-alpha in pseudodristributed mode: How to force examples to run on yarn?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: 2.0.3-alpha in pseudodristributed mode: How to force examples to run on yarn?

Posted by Jens Scheidtmann <je...@gmail.com>.
Further notes:

Posted by Jens Scheidtmann <je...@gmail.com>.
Further notes: