Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Thiwanka Somasiri <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/18 14:50:29 UTC

Querying XPLAIN style tables through JDBC

It is possible to query XPLAIN style tables in ij.For example,

call syscs_util.syscs_set_xplain_schema('MY_STATS');

How can I do this in a Java Program in order to set the explain schema?

--

Regards

A.S.Thiwanka Somasiri
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.

Skype : executionerwild
MSN   : thiwas@ymail.com

Re: Querying XPLAIN style tables through JDBC

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
Thiwanka Somasiri wrote:

> It is possible to query XPLAIN style tables in ij.For example,
>
> call syscs_util.syscs_set_xplain_schema('MY_STATS');
>
> How can I do this in a Java Program in order to set the explain schema?

For some examples, have a look at XplainStatisticsTest.java in the trunk
in the directory java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang.

In particular, look at the subroutines enableXplainStyle() and disableXplainStyle().

thanks,

bryan

Re: Querying XPLAIN style tables through JDBC

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
On 18.04.10 14:50, Thiwanka Somasiri wrote:

> It is possible to query XPLAIN style tables in ij.For example,
>
> call syscs_util.syscs_set_xplain_schema('MY_STATS');
>
> How can I do this in a Java Program in order to set the explain schema?

Hi Thiwanka,

I think you can use a CallableStatement in JDBC, see [1].

Kristian

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/CallableStatement.html