Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/22 17:46:54 UTC

Tiles intergration problem

Hello all,

Matthias suggested I post this.

I am newbie to my-faces and I want to apologize if
this topic has already been covered.

I am attempting to develop a JSF based application
with Tile being the layout framework. I have the
example application that shows how to use the
JspTilesViewHandlerImpl. I have the configuration set
up and I am getting an error:

[JspTilesViewHandlerImpl] could not find pathMapping
for servletPath = /pages/base/baseLayout.jsp
requestPathInfo = null

Has anyone seen anything like this? There is a
baseLayout.jsp in /pages/base. I can include the
source for this is it would help.

Thanks

Glenn Davidson

http://vote.yahoo.com

Re: Value binding support in navigation case

Posted by Catalin Kormos <ca...@yahoo.com>.
I just realized that i was't to explicit presenting my
problem, value bindings are supported in navigation
cases, at least in the "from-action" element, but
value binding is supported in the "to-view-id"? i want
to let the backend bean tell where to go next, binding
a view path value there.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Value binding support in navigation case

RE: Tiles intergration problem

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Glenn,

the reference to configurationlistener could be:
-you have TLDs from sun in clazzpath (they describe the listener inside
of that)
-your *work_directory* from JBOSS has SUN's jars (reboot will help, I
guess)

HTH,
Matthias

Posted by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com>.
Mark,

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.it>.
> It seems that no JSF controls will work. I can put in
> non JSF controls and the tiles work just fine.

I'm not sure what you mean between JSF controls and non JSF controls?

If I remember correctly the file names and tiles defs need to be the
same

<definition name="/index.tiles" ...
will be inserted when a request is made for..
/index.jsf

or
<definition name="/foo/bar.tiles" ...

Posted by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com>.
Mark,
> [...]

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper
> >> .java:324)
> >>         at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:2
> >> 92)
> >>         at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
> >>         at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
> >>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
> >> icationFilterChain.java:237)
> >>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
> >> ilterChain.java:157)
> >>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDisp

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(Applica
> >> tionDispatcher.java:463)
> >>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationD
> >> ispatcher.java:398)
> >>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDis
> >> patcher.java:312)
> >>         at

com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ExternalContextImp
> >> l.java:322)
> >>         at

net.sourceforge.myfaces.application.jsp.JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.rende
> >> rView(JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.java:178)
> >>         at

com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePha
> >> se.java:87)
> >>         at

com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:200)
> >>         at

com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:117)

=== message truncated ===

http://vote.yahoo.com

Re: Tiles intergration problem

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.it>.

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.it>.

Posted by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com>.
Mark,

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.it>.
Well I know that the TilesHander looks for *.tiles so only /main.tiles
and /login.tiles look like they'll work. It looks through the defs file
find all the *.tiles and puts all the values into a ComponantContext
before redispatching to the external context

externalContext.dispatch(tilesId);

The tiles id being the layout defined in your path attribute..

I'm pretty sure also that you need to have the pages referenced as
*.jsp not *.jsf when in they are added as put values. Try the edited
version below..

     <definition name="baseLayout" path="/pages/base/baseLayout.jsp" >
         <put name="title"  value="Program Administrator" />
         <put name="header" value="/pages/base/header.jsp" />
     </definition>

    <definition name="/editperson.tiles" extends="baseLayout">
          <put name="title"  value=" Person Maintainnce" />
          <put name="body"   value="/pages/person/editperson.jsp" />
          <put name="menu"   value="/pages/mainmenu.jsp" />
    </definition>

    <definition name="/listperson.tiles" extends="baseLayout">
          <put name="title"  value=" Person Maintainnce" />
          <put name="body"   value="/pages/person/listperson.jsp" />
          <put name="menu"   value="/pages/mainmenu.jsp" />
    </definition>

   <definition name="/login.tiles" extends="baseLayout">
          <put name="title"  value=" Log On to Project Administrator" />
          <put name="body"   value="/pages/login.jsp" />
          <put name="menu"   value="/pages/mainmenu.jsf" />
    </definition>

    <definition name="/main.tiles" extends="baseLayout">

Posted by Glenn Davidson <gb...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.it>.