Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Filipe David Manana <fd...@ieee.org> on 2007/12/19 16:05:50 UTC

Tomcat 5.5 + SSL

Hi,

I am pretty newbie to Tomcat.
I have been reading the documentation, and I was not successful enabling SSL
for tomcat 5.5.

I have a PKCS12 certificate  (file name ***-cert.p12) and I want to use it
as my Tomcat certificate.

When I run the keytool command line utility I always get an error
complaining that my cert is not X.509 format:

# keytool -import -alias fdmanana -storetype pkcs12 -file cern-cert.p12
Enter keystore password:  qwerty
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Input not an X.509 certificate

How to get keytool to work with PKCS12 certificates? Or convert it to a
X.509 one?

Then, if it were successful, in my Connector I should use the attribute
keystoreType with value "pkcs12", right?

thank you

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@ieee.org

Obvious facts are like secrets to those not trained to see them.