Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@rojo.com> on 2005/04/04 20:38:08 UTC

Re: [Nutch-dev] Re: RSS Parser Plugin based on commons-feedparser submitted

Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> Chris Mattmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>>  I just wanted to let you know that I¹ve submitted the parse-rss
>> plugin that
>> I was working on to the JIRA system under issue ³NUTCH-30²
>> (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-30). The plugin includes
>> a patch
>> filie (svn diff), along with the zipped up source and runtime
>> libraries. The
>> rss parser is based on the commons-feedparser out of the jakarta
>> sandbox,
>> and fully supports all of the major rss formats (atom, rss 1.0, 2.0,
>> etc.).
>> Additionally, I¹ve included a junit test that runs the parser on an
>> example
>> rss file and validates the outlinks and content extracted.
>>
>> I hope that you will find it useful and vote to have it included in the
>> nutch distro.
>

> +1, with some reservations (see jira).
>
> I think it's a very useful contribution. Thank you, Chris!

Wow... thats GREAT.  (I'm the author of the FeedParser).

BTW.  Its in commons-proper now but I just haven't had a chance to do a
0.5.0 release.  We've had a release candidate but I need to release
another one WRT some feedback we've had.

If you're running from a sandbox build I'd HIGHLY recommend getting a
commons proper build of 0.5.0RC1.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/feedparser/

Kevin

get a free iPod!