Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/30 17:01:39 UTC

[1.x] JMS Binding model and composite parsing validation

Tuscany 2776 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2776) in the
1.x branch adds some validation to JMS binding. Both the XML of the
binding and the contents of the binding model are validated. Much of
this validation takes place in the validate method of the
JMSBindingProcessor. Users might see a JMSBindingException if there is a
mistake in the XML or the content of the binding.

Most of the validation rules are taken from the contents of the OSOA JMS
Binding spec 1.0 or the OASIS SCA JMS binding spec 1.1. There are a few
"must" "must not" commands in there which form the basis of the
validation rules. If you have additional comments or would like to
suggest other validations, please let us know.
--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: [1.x] JMS Binding model and composite parsing validation

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tuscany 2776 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2776) in the
> 1.x branch adds some validation to JMS binding. Both the XML of the binding
> and the contents of the binding model are validated. Much of this validation
> takes place in the validate method of the JMSBindingProcessor. Users might
> see a JMSBindingException if there is a mistake in the XML or the content of
> the binding.
>
> Most of the validation rules are taken from the contents of the OSOA JMS
> Binding spec 1.0 or the OASIS SCA JMS binding spec 1.1. There are a few
> "must" "must not" commands in there which form the basis of the validation
> rules. If you have additional comments or would like to suggest other
> validations, please let us know.
> --
> Thanks, Dan Becker

Nice work Dan. I was just looking in the OASIS version of the JMS spec. No
conformance statements yet. Be good to get some stests to try this
validation out but we will have to hold on for a bit.

Simon