Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Phil Hoy <ph...@friendsreunited.co.uk> on 2011/11/28 19:31:05 UTC

DirectSolrSpellChecker on request specified field.

Hi,

Can the DirectSolrSpellChecker be used for autosuggest but defer to request time the name of the field to use to create the dictionary. That way I don't have to define spellcheckers specific to each field which for me is not really possible as the fields I wish to spell check are DynamicFields.

I could copy all dynamic fields into a 'spellcheck' field but then I could get false suggestions if I use it to get suggestions for a particular dynamic field where a term returned derives from a different field.

Phil

Re: DirectSolrSpellChecker on request specified field.

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Phil Hoy <ph...@friendsreunited.co.uk> wrote:
> Added issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2926
> Please let me know if more information needs adding to JIRA.
>
> Phil

Thanks, I'll followup on the issue

--
lucidimagination.com

RE: DirectSolrSpellChecker on request specified field.

Posted by Phil Hoy <ph...@friendsreunited.co.uk>.
Added issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2926
Please let me know if more information needs adding to JIRA.

Phil

technically it could? I'm just not sure if the current spellchecking
apis allow for it? But maybe someone has a good idea on how to easily
expose this.

I think its a good idea.

Care to open a JIRA issue?

--
lucidimagination.com

This email has been scanned by the brightsolid Email Security System. Powered by MessageLabs

Re: DirectSolrSpellChecker on request specified field.

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.

--
lucidimagination.com