Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Williams, Murray Todd" <mu...@merck.com> on 2000/04/18 14:25:09 UTC

RPMs created for Cocoon 1.7.2

I just wanted to post a reminder that I've got current RPM's generated for
Xerces-j, Xalan-j and Cocoon on http://grapeape.codingapes.com under the XML
section.  Much of this work includes contributions by Henri Gomez.  The RPMs
are created to layer on top of Apache (or Red Hat's Apache-based secure
server) and assume that the ApacheJServ RPM (from java.apache.org) has also
been installed.

There are a number of to-do items that I'm planning on incorporating as soon
as possible, although many depend on my figuring out how to maximize the use
of sh/bash scripting to perform the necessary logic.  Here is a quick list
of my todo's:

*	Upgrade Xalan-j from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 (just noticed a new version is
up there)
*	Add tools.jar to the wrapper.classpath (depends on how to write a
script to find the path, if available)
*	Move the jser LoadModule and AddModule lines to the bottom of the
respective lists in httpd.conf.
*	Write a good README.rpm detailing what the installation *attempts*
to do (in case some stuff needs to be done manually) and with information
about how to get, install, and configure the LDAP components from Sun.

If anyone can think up a decent shell script that does an intelligent search
for tools.jar (I was thinking of egrepping jserv.properties for wrapper.bin
to get the java path and then go to ../lib and see if the file shows up) I
would be uber-thrilled.  I think I can get the LoadModule/AddModule stuff on
my own.

Cheers!

Murray Todd Williams

P.S. Once again, my RPM work is at http://grapeape.codingapes.com