Posted to user@ant.apache.org by da...@remanresource.com on 2009/04/06 20:44:23 UTC

Ant task to pre-compile JSPs

Hi,

What is the Ant task to pre-compile JSPs into class/java files?  I'm using Ant 1.6, WebLogic 9.2.2 with Java 1.5.

Thanks, - Dave

AW: Ant task to pre-compile JSPs

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
>What is the Ant task to pre-compile JSPs into class/java
>files?  I'm using Ant 1.6, WebLogic 9.2.2 with Java 1.5.

This is an often asked question, so I added a FAQ entry
http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#precompile-jsps

"Ant has a built in optional task <jspc>  which was intended for that.
But this task is deprecated.  Here the alternative suggested by the
manual:

Instead of relying on container specific JSP-compilers we suggest
deploying the raw files (*.jsp) and use the container build-in
functions: after deploying run a test suite (e.g. with Cactus or
HttpUnit) against the deployed web application. So you'll get then test
result and the compiled JSPs."

Jan

p.s.
The website need a little bit time for being updated.