Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Hermann Angstl <ha...@talend.com> on 2014/07/04 14:18:27 UTC

WS-Addressing: SOAPAction, WSA-Action checking

I was playing around with WS-Addressing a little bit to figure out when this WSA-Action SOAP-Header field is actually used.

I noticed that:

- when SOAPAction is set in the HTTP-Header, WSA-Action must be identical to SOAPAction. Otherwise I get a ActionMismatch Exception.

- when there's no SOAPAction, I can set WSA-Action to whatever I want (and my web service call works fine).

What's the idea behind this? I mean WSA-Action is not used to determine the operation that's being called - so why must it be identical to SOAPAction in one case, but is not checked at all in the other case?