Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2009/02/18 18:30:56 UTC

Trouble attaching artifacts for release:perform.

Hi folks,

I'm attempting to attach an assembly to a sub-module's artifacts, but it
fails to work when I do a release:perform.  I have the Assembly plugin
bound to the "package" phase, but it lives in a "pom" type submodule.
The assembly plugin is activated through a profile that exists in the
submodule's pom, as well.  The idea being to not execute the assembly
unless told to do so, thereby keeping build times at a minimum for
development purposes.  The command used when releasing is "mvn
-Prelease_assembly release:perform".  Doing a "mvn -Prelease_assembly
clean package" works just fine.  Well, the zip file is created for the
assembly.  In the case of release:perform, the assembly plugin is never
called.

I'm guessing that, for whatever reason, the package phase isn't
executed, but I can't figure why that would be.  Here's my assembly
profile/plugin configuration, in case it's helpful:

    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>release_assembly</id>
            <build>