Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by banuka prakash <ba...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/28 09:47:34 UTC

spending 8hrs a day to practice cloud stack!!

Hi All:

I'm sitting for 8 to 10 hours on cloudstack to learn and practice.

To create a system template ...............with the following command

(/usr/lib64/cloud/agent/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt
-m /mnt/secondary -u
http://download.cloud.com/templates/acton/acton-systemvm-02062012.vhd.bz2-h
xenserver )

it is taking 40 minutes to download the template.

Do I need to download the template every time I install cloud stack or

Can I store the template on a separate pendrive and store it in a secondary
storage instead of directly downloading from the net?

My practice goes like this...

1. install the os (CENTOS)

2. install cloud stack / mysql /system template,

3. Adding host etc.

but downloading template ...it is taking much time ...
is there any alternatives please...??

Regards
prakash
9133368284

Re: spending 8hrs a day to practice cloud stack!!

Posted by Marc Cirauqui <mc...@gmail.com>.
Wow, I didn't know this one, thanks!

thx

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.