Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Victor Rodionov <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/03 22:18:14 UTC

Cloudstack deployment

Hi guys, I'm trying to deploy cloudstack but it seems I have a problems
with system vm

Could you explain me please what means this exception:

INFO  [c.c.s.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl]
(secstorage-1:ctx-c30d43c3) No running secondary storage vms found in
datacenter id=1, starting one
INFO  [c.c.s.s.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-c30d43c3)
Found a stopped secondary storage vm, bring it up to running pool.
secStorageVm vm id : 4
WARN  [c.c.s.s.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-c30d43c3)
Exception while trying to start secondary storage vm
com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to create a
deployment for VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-4-VM]Scope=interface
com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
        at
com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.orchestrateStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:921)
        at
com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:761)
        at
com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:745)
        at
com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.startSecStorageVm(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:261)
        at
com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.allocCapacity(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:693)
        at
com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.expandPool(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:1270)
        at
com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:123)
        at
com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:50)
        at
com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:111)
        at
com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:35)
        at
com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:88)
        at
com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.runInContext(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:79)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:49)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(DefaultManagedContext.java:56)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:46)
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
INFO  [c.c.s.s.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-c30d43c3)
Unable to start secondary storage vm for standby capacity, secStorageVm vm
Id : 4, will recycle it and start a new one

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.
Got this type of issue with previous Cloudstack version, turn out that the
LABEL of Networks in Cloudstack did not match those define in XenServer.
Could it be the problem here ?

Also, if you applied xenserver hotfixes after adding xenserver to your
cloudstack, the hotfix might have replace some script on the xenserver ,
refer to:
https://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Release_Notes/upgrade-instructions.html#upgrade-from-4.0-to-4.1
3.2. Upgrade from 3.0.x to 4.2.0   18-G

Pierre-Luc Dion
514-447-3456, 1101
- - -

*CloudOps*420 rue Guy
Montréal QC  H3J 1S6
www.cloudops.com
@CloudOps_

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
I would recommend this as a starting point:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Development+101

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Victor Rodionov <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
OK, that all looks good then.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Victor Rodionov <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Victor Rodionov <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Check out section 4.5.3.3:

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Victor Rodionov <vi...@gmail.com>.
I'm using 4.3 with XenCenter

I think this a better log

WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.XenServerStorageProcessor] (DirectAgent-11:ctx-a36d48cf)
destoryVDIbyNameLabel failed due to there are 0 VDIs with name
cloud-fc58a816-1e6c-4f6d-a594-ec86ce8814ff
WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.XenServerStorageProcessor] (DirectAgent-11:ctx-a36d48cf)
can not create vdi in sr 641582af-113c-1f83-d727-d3dbd4288992
WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.XenServerStorageProcessor] (DirectAgent-11:ctx-a36d48cf)
Catch Exception com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException for
template +  due to com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: can not
create vdi in sr 641582af-113c-1f83-d727-d3dbd4288992
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: can not create vdi in sr
641582af-113c-1f83-d727-d3dbd4288992
        at
com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServerStorageProcessor.copy_vhd_from_secondarystorage(XenServerStorageProcessor.java:848)
        at
com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServerStorageProcessor.copyTemplateToPrimaryStorage(XenServerStorageProcessor.java:918)
        at
com.cloud.storage.resource.StorageSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.execute(StorageSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.java:75)
        at
com.cloud.storage.resource.StorageSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.handleStorageCommands(StorageSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.java:50)
        at
com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:609)
        at
com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServer56Resource.executeRequest(XenServer56Resource.java:59)
        at
com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServer610Resource.executeRequest(XenServer610Resource.java:106)
        at
com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.runInContext(DirectAgentAttache.java:216)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:49)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(DefaultManagedContext.java:56)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:46)
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-bb6aebc0) releasing
lock for VMTemplateStoragePool 1
WARN  [c.c.u.d.Merovingian2] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-bb6aebc0) Was unable to
find lock for the key template_spool_ref1 and thread id 1919720252
INFO  [c.c.v.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-bb6aebc0)
Unable to contact resource.
com.cloud.exception.StorageUnavailableException: Resource [StoragePool:2]
is unreachable: Unable to create Vol[1|vm=1|ROOT]:Catch Exception
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException for template +  due to
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: can not create vdi in sr
641582af-113c-1f83-d727-d3dbd4288992
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.engine.orchestration.VolumeOrchestrator.recreateVolume(VolumeOrchestrator.java:1202)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.engine.orchestration.VolumeOrchestrator.prepare(VolumeOrchestrator.java:1254)
        at
com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.orchestrateStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:962)
        at
com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:761)
        at
com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:745)
        at
com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.startProxy(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:554)
        at
com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.allocCapacity(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:939)
        at
com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:1660)
        at
com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:157)
        at
com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:118)
[...]
INFO  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-18:ctx-2c89d4f9) VM does
not exist on XenServer9d29fab9-755e-44ce-a057-c2a0be17bfda
WARN  [c.c.c.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-bb6aebc0)
Exception while trying to start console proxy
com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to create a
deployment for VM[ConsoleProxy|v-1-VM]Scope=interface
[...]
INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-6b644ab2) Unable to
acquire lock on VMTemplateStoragePool 1
ERROR [c.c.v.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-6b644ab2) Failed
to start instance VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-2-VM]
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.volume.VolumeServiceImpl.createBaseImageAsync(VolumeServiceImpl.java:454)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.volume.VolumeServiceImpl.createVolumeFromTemplateAsync(VolumeServiceImpl.java:603)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.engine.orchestration.VolumeOrchestrator.recreateVolume(VolumeOrchestrator.java:1190)
[...]
INFO  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-2:ctx-5308328d) VM does
not exist on XenServer9d29fab9-755e-44ce-a057-c2a0be17bfda
WARN  [c.c.s.s.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-6b644ab2)
Exception while trying to start secondary storage vm
com.cloud.exception.AgentUnavailableException: Resource [Host:1] is
unreachable: Host 1: Unable to start instance due to null
        at
com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.orchestrateStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:1072)
[...]
        ... 23 more
INFO  [c.c.s.s.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-6b644ab2)
Unable to start secondary storage vm for standby capacity, secStorageVm vm
Id : 2, will recycle it and start a new one
INFO  [c.c.s.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl]
(secstorage-1:ctx-6b644ab2) Primary secondary storage is not even started,
wait until next turn
INFO  [c.c.c.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-96e557e2) Found a
stopped console proxy, bring it up to running pool. proxy vm id : 1
INFO  [c.c.s.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl]
(secstorage-1:ctx-8247be89) No running secondary storage vms found in
datacenter id=1, starting one
INFO  [c.c.s.s.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-8247be89)
Found a stopped secondary storage vm, bring it up to running pool.
secStorageVm vm id : 2
INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-96e557e2) lock is
acquired for VMTemplateStoragePool 2
WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.XenServerStorageProcessor] (DirectAgent-7:ctx-bb030fd2)
destoryVDIbyNameLabel failed due to there are 0 VDIs with name
cloud-8ed9d0d5-cdd8-4d66-abdf-37e758b22233
[...]
INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-96e557e2) releasing
lock for VMTemplateStoragePool 2
WARN  [c.c.u.d.Merovingian2] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-96e557e2) Was unable to
find lock for the key template_spool_ref2 and thread id 1919720252
INFO  [c.c.v.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-96e557e2)
[...]
INFO  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-20:ctx-c8cf7396) VM does
not exist on XenServer9d29fab9-755e-44ce-a057-c2a0be17bfda
WARN  [c.c.c.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-96e557e2)
[...]
INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-8247be89) Unable to
acquire lock on VMTemplateStoragePool 2
ERROR [c.c.v.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-8247be89) Failed
[...]
INFO  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-21:ctx-47db3341) VM does
not exist on XenServer9d29fab9-755e-44ce-a057-c2a0be17bfda
WARN  [c.c.s.s.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-8247be89)
[...]
INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-8247be89) Expunge
volume with no data store specified
INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-8247be89) Volume 2 is
not referred anywhere, remove it from volumes table
INFO  [c.c.s.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl]
(secstorage-1:ctx-8247be89) Primary secondary storage is not even started,
wait until next turn

Re: Cloudstack deployment

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.