Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2009/02/24 10:19:08 UTC

[c++] Use of @$(ECHO) in generation of example Makefiles

Apparently the ECHO variable is undocumented and is no longer available
in the latest versions of autotools. It is used in the generation of
simple Makefiles for the examples.

The question is, can we just use 'echo' directly? Or was there an issue
with that when these were constructed? Or is there a way to set the ECHO
var during the configure process?

Any thoughts?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: [c++] Use of @$(ECHO) in generation of example Makefiles

Posted by Nuno Santos <ns...@redhat.com>.
Alan Conway wrote:
> Gordon Sim wrote:
>> Apparently the ECHO variable is undocumented and is no longer
>> available in the latest versions of autotools. It is used in the
>> generation of simple Makefiles for the examples.
>
> We can just use echo

Another alternative, if needed, is to declare ECHO before running make,
like so: "ECHO=echo make build"

Nuno

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
Gordon Sim wrote:
> Apparently the ECHO variable is undocumented and is no longer available
> in the latest versions of autotools. It is used in the generation of
> simple Makefiles for the examples.
>
> The question is, can we just use 'echo' directly? Or was there an issue
> with that when these were constructed? Or is there a way to set the ECHO
> var during the configure process?
>
> Any thoughts?

We can just use echo

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org