Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Vallone, Philip Mr CTR USA AMC" <Ph...@us.army.mil> on 2008/08/21 17:09:43 UTC

0.95 Hyphenation question

Hi,

With the following input I get a strange output:

INPUT:

<fo:table-cell>
	<fo:block font-family="Courier New" font-size="10pt"
hyphenate="true" language="en">
		<fo:inline font-family="Courier New" font-size="10pt">
			<fo:basic-link
internal-destination="mproc-d0e4">(M) </fo:basic-link>May be inoperative
provided the Pack Control Valve is may be closed</fo:inline>
	</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

OUTPUT:
(M) May be inoperative provided the Pack Control Valve is may-
be closed

Notice how the hyphenation will hyphenate a space rather than a word. Is
this normal? I didnt have this issue in 0.20.5.

Re: 0.95 Hyphenation question

Posted by Bones <Ph...@us.army.mil>.
Jeremias,

Both issues had to do with changing keep-together="always" with
keep-together.within-column="always".

Thanks,

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Again, I can't reproduce that without a full FO document. We don't know
how wide your table-cell is and so we can't reproduce the exact case
you're seeing.

On 21.08.2008 17:09:43 Vallone, Philip Mr CTR USA AMC wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With the following input I get a strange output:
>
> INPUT:
>
> <fo:table-cell>
> 	<fo:block font-family="Courier New" font-size="10pt"
> hyphenate="true" language="en">
> 		<fo:inline font-family="Courier New" font-size="10pt">
> 			<fo:basic-link
> internal-destination="mproc-d0e4">(M) </fo:basic-link>May be inoperative
> provided the Pack Control Valve is may be closed</fo:inline>
> 	</fo:block>
> </fo:table-cell>
>
> OUTPUT:
> (M) May be inoperative provided the Pack Control Valve is may-
> be closed
>
> Notice how the hyphenation will hyphenate a space rather than a word. Is
> this normal? I didnt have this issue in 0.20.5.
>
> Thanks,

Jeremias Maerki