Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Denver Hopkins - Explorer Digital Inc." <De...@ExplorerDigital.com> on 2007/04/13 23:15:43 UTC

Category Links working as intended?

In Catalog Manager, when I create Category Links for a Category, those
links do not appear in the catalog when a user first navigates to the
category, but instead only appear on the next page that is presented
after the user has clicked another link.  They will appear on the next
page whether it is in the same category or not.  The links basically lag
one request cycle behind where they have been associated in Catalog
Manager.

We would like to use the Category Links to present specific links in a
specific context-- that is, links that are relevant to the category in
which they are created.  To be clear, if we create a link in Category A,
then when user clicks on link to browse Category A the link should
appear when the first page of the category is displayed, and then on all
others as long as the user continues to browse within that category.

Is this not how the Category Links are intended to function?  I'm going
to modify this seemingly anomalous behavior for our purposes, but
wondered whether others consider this behavior to be anomalous as well
or, whether there is another purpose for this behavior that I'm unaware
of.  Comments?

Denver Hopkins

Re: Category Links working as intended?

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
No problem. Yeah, that's pretty new stuff and there were some kinks
in it early on.

-David

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Which revision of OFBiz are you using? I believe that bug was fixed a
while back (not long after the feature was introduced).

-David