Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/08/26 11:05:32 UTC

Time for NB15 release vote?

Hi,

I think we're currently looking good for 15-rc4 to be the voting
candidate?  Any outstanding concerns?

I'm going to trigger a build now that will hopefully be the release
build.  All being well, we can move to vote early next week.  Bit of
schedule coordination going on behind the scenes - August is always
fun for releases! :-)

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Time for NB15 release vote?

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 26 Aug 2022 at 23:42, James Gosling <ja...@norquay.com> wrote:
> Thanks.  There’s no macOS installer, but the zip runs beautifully on my current project.

Unfortunately requires running a script locally as we don't have
access to macOS build system.

> The website has links to the daily builds at https://netbeans.apache.org/download/dev/index.html <https://netbeans.apache.org/download/dev/index.html>
> I use mostly use them. :-). It’s odd that which builds become alpha/beta/rc/ga isn’t noted anywhere I can find.

Daily builds are built from the master branch.  Release candidates and
releases are built from the release branch.  There will never be a
daily build that matches an rc or release build.

NetBeans 15 was branched off of master about a month ago, so the
current daily builds are an early form of NetBeans 16.

On the email front, you can filter separately by [NOTICE] if you want
to get branching and release candidate info.  The subject tag was
added for that purpose because dev@ can be a little noisy! :-)

Posted by James Gosling <ja...@norquay.com>.

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Gosling <ja...@norquay.com>.