Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Sluyter <ms...@digitalmotorworks.com> on 2004/05/28 00:32:20 UTC

Crossreferencing Javadoc between projects?

Hi,
I've just started using maven and I think it's awesome; I've gotten it to
build multiple projects with the reactor, but our projects are
interdependent, and when multiproject is used to generate the javadoc, the
resulting javadocs are partitioned by project. Ie, there's no
crossreferencing, which would be nice. Is that possible via some other
mechanism, or am I missing something? I tried googling it and found a
similar question but no definitive answer. I looked at Maven's javadoc, and
it doesn't appear to be crossreferenced across projects either, so perhaps
there's no easy solution to this. Just curious.

TIA,
Mike Sluyter

--
Mike Sluyter
msluyter@digitalmotorworks.com

Re: Crossreferencing Javadoc between projects?

Posted by Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.com>.
On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 07:12, matthew.hawthorne wrote:
> matthew.hawthorne wrote:
> > Here's a hack which I used to solve this problem.  I'd imagine that this
> > javadoc is being put online somewhere, right? So just add the URL of your
> > destination for the javadoc to the maven.javadoc.links property.

Maybe following property help?

maven.javadoc.offlineLinks

see http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/javadoc/properties.html
--
Martin Skopp
Riege Software International GmbH

This email is intended to be viewed with a nonproportional font.

Re: Crossreferencing Javadoc between projects?

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
matthew.hawthorne wrote:
> Here's a hack which I used to solve this problem.  I'd imagine that this
> javadoc is being put online somewhere, right? So just add the URL of your
> destination for the javadoc to the maven.javadoc.links property.
>
> For example, I knew I was deploying my site so it was accessible as
> http://somewhere/project, with the subproject directories underneath,
> so I put this in my project.properties:
>
> maven.javadoc.links=http://somewhere/project/project1/apidocs,
> http://somewhere/project/project2/apidocs
>
> Like I said, it's a hack.  Not very flexible, but it does the job.

I forgot to mention that you have to deploy the site so that it's
viewable on the web before the crosslinking can work.   So
you'll have to build it this way twice to get it working, but after
that it's smooth sailing.

Re: Crossreferencing Javadoc between projects?

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arnaud Heritier <ah...@apache.org>.
Actually there's no mechanism to do it.

I think also that it could be a good idea to implement something like a
javadoc:multiproject which could use the maven.compile.src.set feature that
we added some days ago.

You can add an issue on Jira if you are interested and I'll work on it after
the 1.0 final.

Arnaud