Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bhaarat Sharma <bh...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/24 19:33:46 UTC

using 'method' in action mapping

If I have a mapping like the following
        <action name="selectionPage" class="ReportSelection"
method="passBy">
            <result>/reports/moneyowed/selectionpage.jsp</result>
        </action>

the passBy method is doing nothing but returning SUCCESS

When the above action mapping is ran and the jsp page consists something
like <s:property value"%{value}"/> will the value show??

will providing attribute method in the actionmapping cause it to not have
access to public methods in the actionclass?

Re: using 'method' in action mapping

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Bhaarat Sharma wrote:
> If I have a mapping like the following
>         <action name="selectionPage" class="ReportSelection"
> method="passBy">
>             <result>/reports/moneyowed/selectionpage.jsp</result>
>         </action>
>
> the passBy method is doing nothing but returning SUCCESS
>
> When the above action mapping is ran and the jsp page consists something
> like <s:property value"%{value}"/> will the value show??

If there's a publicly-accessible "value" property, sure.

> will providing attribute method in the actionmapping cause it to not have
> access to public methods in the actionclass?

No.

Dave