Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Anthony Bull <an...@bcsoft.co.nz> on 2008/05/05 06:49:03 UTC

Proxy service - PublishWSDL with imported xsd schemas.

Hi,

I've got a proxy setup in Synapse for a web service that has a wsdl with
imported xsd schema files. That is, the WSDL imports all its schema
definitions instead of having them inline in the WSDL document.Synapse
is running within Axis2 using the Synapse MAR file.

When I use the publishWSDL tag in my proxy definition in synapse.xml, it
cannot publish the WSDL due to not being able to find the included XSD
files.  Instead of looking at the http location or the local file path
for the file, it always looks under the work/Catalina folder of my
Tomcat, and hence never finds it.

The only way around this, for our production setup is to inline the XSDs
into the WSDL, which works but is a hassle, especially when running 6
different web services all sharing schema libraries.

Is there any way around this instead of having to either (a) inline
schemas into the WSDL or (b) contain absolute paths to the schema files
in the WSDL (which is bad because the paths are completely different
between development machines, the development server and the
test/production server setup.

cheers,
Anthony

--

Anthony
-------------------------------------

anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz
Ph  +64 4 472 8818
Fax +64 4 472 8811
-------------------------------------
www.bcsoft.co.nz
This email may contain confidential or privileged information,
and is intended for use only by the addressee, or addressees.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender
immediately and do not copy, use or disclose the contents to
any other person or organisation.
Black Coffee Software Ltd accepts no responsibility for viruses
received with this email, or to any changes made to the original
content. Any views or opinions expressed in this email may be
personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Black
Coffee Software Ltd.

Re: Proxy service - PublishWSDL with imported xsd schemas.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Andreas
> I recently added the information to Synapse_Configuration_Language.xml.
Yep! Just noticed while making some more general changes to this file :-)

asankha

Re: Proxy service - PublishWSDL with imported xsd schemas.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.
On 05 May 2008, at 07:00, Asankha C. Perera wrote:

> Anthony
>> The only way around this, for our production setup is to inline the
>> XSDs into the WSDL, which works but is a hassle, especially when
>> running 6 different web services all sharing schema libraries.
>>
>> Is there any way around this instead of having to either (a) inline
>> schemas into the WSDL or (b) contain absolute paths to the schema
>> files in the WSDL (which is bad because the paths are completely
>> different between development machines, the development server and
>> the test/production server setup.
> Have you tried using the enhancement documented in SYNAPSE-200 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-200
> >? I will add this to the mainstream documentation ASAP.. let me
> know if this helps
>
> asankha

I recently added the information to Synapse_Configuration_Language.xml.

Andreas

Re: Proxy service - PublishWSDL with imported xsd schemas.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.
Anthony,

I think the patch for SYNAPSE-200 made it into the 1.1.1 release.

Andreas

Posted by Anthony Bull <an...@bcsoft.co.nz>.

--

Anthony