Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Mark Ashworth <ma...@plands.com> on 1999/01/19 21:54:14 UTC

config/3718: make says Apache not configured for DSO support

>Number:         3718
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       make says Apache not configured for DSO support
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Apache install = /usr/local/apache
Apache src = /usr/local/src/apache/apache_1.3.4
Jserv src = /usr/local/src/jserv/Apache-JServ_1.0b2

from Jserv src dir:
./configure --with-apache-install=/usr/local/apache

make reports that apache is not configured for DSO
support but non-jserv modules do appear in /libexec.

I tried ./configure without parameters then used make.
It found the apache install and proceeded without error msgs.
The Java classes were compiled but mod_jserv.c was not.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try putting the apache-installation, the apache-src
and jserv-src in different directories. It looks to
me like some install script or make file is making
assumptions about the paths and ignoring the param
--with-apache-install supplied to configure.
>Fix:
I had a friend help me. This is our workaround.

First we compiled Apache with DSO support. We created a
a configuration using ./configure and make file for DSO,
and vefied that it worked by checking /libexec in the
apache install dir.

Then we re-compiled JServ statically into Apache.
>From jserv dir:
./configure --with-apache-src=/usr/local/src/jserv/Apache-JServ_1.0b2 \
--enable-apache-config (I think this was the cmd)
make

This seemed to add the proper info to the makefile in the
apache src dir without changing our previous DSO instructions.

Then cd to apache src dir:
Without calling ./configure again...
make
make install

This recompiled Apache and statically linked mod_jserv
while keeping our other modules linked dynamically.