Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2011/06/05 22:26:30 UTC

Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HREUNITING the Community?

On Jun 5, 2011, at 4:22 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

>> I had thought you were further away...
>
> That's the impression I had from an early post here as well...

Please see:

	http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/msg01027.html

Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HREUNITING the Community?

Posted by Florian Effenberger <fl...@documentfoundation.org>.
Hi,

Kevin Lau wrote on 2011-06-06 15.35:

> -Can you help me to understand this "Simon posted one possible creative
>   solution"?
>
> It seems the discussion is making progress. I like to think this is
> appropriate to be seen in "Initial source files (was: OpenOffice: were are
> we now?)" thread than here.

I referred to this one:
http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg28006.html

I am not saying this is my preferred choice, and this is by far not a
TDF statement; I am saying that there are indeed creative ways to work
together, rather than setting up two projects in parallel.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <fl...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HREUNITING the Community?

Posted by Kevin Lau <ke...@fas.harvard.edu>.
Florian,

>Yes, I see the licensing topic and that there are different views on that.
However, I don't know if that >requires to set-up all community efforts a
second time. Simon posted one possible creative solution. >Setting up a
parallel project IMHO is wrong.

Posted by Florian Effenberger <fl...@documentfoundation.org>.
Hi,

Jim Jagielski wrote on 2011-06-05 22.26:
>> That's the impression I had from an early post here as well...
>> >
> Please see:
>
> 	http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/msg01027.html

if you want to get a good overview on the progress, here are a few
(though lenghty) blog postings that might help:

http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/05/24/updates-on-the-foundation/

http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/msg00923.html

http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/04/20/status-quo-on-the-foundation-part-ii/

http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/03/18/status-quo-on-the-foundation/