Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Per Steffensen <st...@brics.dk> on 2000/11/16 16:52:56 UTC

General xsl'ing of SQL-query results

Hi

If you make queries in SQLProcessor or SQL TabLib you will in general end up having something like this:

<ROWSET>
 <ROW>
  <FIELD1>Donald Ball</FIELD1>
  <FIELD2>23</FIELD2>
  <FIELD3>
   The Illuminati do not exist.
   This message paid for by the Illuminati.
  </FIELD3>
 </ROW>
 ... other rows ...
</ROWSET>

I want a xsl that IN GENERAL (that is not depending on what the FIELDs are called in the specific case) can convert this into HTML like this:

       FIELD1
       FIELD2
       FIELD3
       Donald Ball
       23
       The Illuminati do not exist.
       This message paid for by the Illuminati.
  ... other tr s ...

I can do it in the specific case where I know what the fields are called, but I dont want to make an xsl for each possible combination of fields. I cant find out how to go in and read the FIELD-names and put them in the first <tr></tr> - and what about writes xsl-matches for the FIELD-names when you dont know what they are.

Please help me. There must be someone that have solved this problem in general before.

Thanx