Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Robert Jackson <ro...@rogers.com> on 2016/06/01 04:34:35 UTC

Re: El Capitan question

System Preferences [grey gear thingy in your Dock] -> Security and Privacy [grey house about 6th item from left in top row] Change ‘Allow apps downloaded from:’  to Anywhere [select radio button]
Then open your download.

Re: El Capitan question

Posted by nasrin khaksar <na...@gmail.com>.
hi.
i did not see 2016 version of openoffice until now and i am waiting
for the new release and acquainted with its new features.

On 6/1/16, Steve Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> A better choice than changing the settings in System Preferences is to
> simply Right-click (Control-click) on the AOO icon in the Application Folder
> and allow it to open.
>
> Steve
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On May 31, 2016, at 9:34 PM, Robert Jackson <ro...@rogers.com>
> wrote:
>
>> System Preferences [grey gear thingy in your Dock] -> Security and Privacy
>> [grey house about 6th item from left in top row] Change ‘Allow apps
>> downloaded from:’  to Anywhere [select radio button]
>> Then open your download.
>>

>>> On May 31, 2016, at 5:41 PM, chuck ef <ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I use the latest OO with the latest El Capitan (4.1.2 and 10.11.4 I think
>>> - I am away from my desk) and it's just hunky dory.
>>>
>>> You are running into Gatekeeper
>>> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491
>>>
>>> I think it is system preferences but like I said, not at my machine right
>>> now. You just click on enabling Gatekeeper to allow you to open the disk
>>> image that you downloaded.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps - going from memory is always fraught with inanities.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

Re: El Capitan question