Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Daniela Kolarova <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/06 09:54:06 UTC

Shale logo contest vote

Shale logo contest vote:

1st choice: # {Entry #}
2nd choice: # {Entry #}
3rd choice: # {Entry #}
4th choice: # {Entry #}
5th choice: # {Entry #}

Re: Shale logo contest vote

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
This is gonna be tough.  There are *so* many great choices.

--
James Mitchell
678.910.8017

Re: Questions about the logo contest

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:22 AM, Randahl Fink Isaksen wrote:

> Three questions:
>
> 1. Are we not supposed to wait until September 19 before voting?

No, there's no harm in voting early.

> 2. On the contest page it says "Everyone is welcome to vote,
> however, only binding votes will be used to determine the winner."
> - could anyone explain what that means?

The point of all this is to get a consensus of what we (as a
community) would like to see for our new logo.  The reason that only
committer votes are binding is because (my opinion here) .... because
we all know who the committers are.

What I mean is, let's say we held a vote and anyone and everyone was
allowed to vote.  What's to stop someone from registering 50 gmail
addresses and sending in his/her votes?  Whether it was an author of
one entry or not, it still isn't fair.  While I hate to base my logic
on a foundation of mistrust, I know for a fact that there are several
individuals out there who would do just that.  Therefore, the Shale
PMC encourages everyone to discuss and vote on their favorites and
while a user vote might not be binding, it can be influential.  I
mean, if 20 people *really* like a particular entry....chances are
pretty good that I'm going to go and take a second look.

Keep in mind that all of the entries should be cleared through ASF
legal@ and pr@ (public relations) before any winner can be
announced.  I'm about to send that right now.

Also, to all the authors, we will need the source file(s) for these
entries, preferably Photoshop (.psd).

> 3. Are the contributors themselves supposed to vote?

Sure, all are welcome.

--
James Mitchell
678.910.8017

Re: Shale logo contest vote

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Here is my user vote :)

Re: Shale logo contest vote

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
puh,
that was hard

1: 79
2: 15
3: 69
4: 72
5: 19

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Shale logo contest vote

Re: Shale logo contest vote

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Ok, here's my vote:

Shale logo contest vote:
   1st choice: # 31
   2nd choice: # 15
   3rd choice: # 82
   4th choice: # 93
   5th choice: # 14

--
James Mitchell
678.910.8017

On Sep 19, 2006, at 4:18 AM, VSreenivasa.Rao@xansa.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> These are my preferences
>
> 1st choice: Andrei Dragomir{25}
> 2nd choice: Nik Wahlberg {66}
> 3rd choice: Binfel {78}
> 4th choice: Gulam Patel (Mikael) {38}
> 5th choice: Aide Chang {68}
>

> Whilst this email has been checked for all known viruses,
> recipients should undertake their own virus checking as Xansa will
> not accept any liability whatsoever.

> protected by client privilege.  It is solely for the use of the
> intended recipient.
> Please delete it and notify the sender if you have received it in
> error. Unauthorised use is prohibited.
>
> Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual
> and not
> necessarily the organisation.
>      Xansa, Registered Office: 420 Thames Valley Park Drive,
>      Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1PU, UK.
>      Registered in England No.1000954.
>      t  +44 (0)8702 416181
>      w  www.xansa.com

Re: Shale logo contest vote

Posted by VS...@xansa.com.
Hi,

These are my preferences

1st choice: Andrei Dragomir{25}
2nd choice: Nik Wahlberg {66}
3rd choice: Binfel {78}
4th choice: Gulam Patel (Mikael) {38}
5th choice: Aide Chang {68}

Whilst this email has been checked for all known viruses, recipients should undertake their own virus checking as Xansa will not accept any liability whatsoever.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and protected by client privilege.  It is solely for the use of the intended recipient.

Re: Shale logo contest vote

Posted by Santy <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Here is my vote

1st choice:  Santy {77}
2nd choice: TriSeprian {79}
3rd choice: Jacob Hookom {4}
4th choice:  Walied Amer {83}
5th choice:  Wesley Hales {65}

Re: Shale logo contest vote

Posted by Mark DeSantis <de...@gmail.com>.
Shale logo contest vote:
1st choice: # {57}
2nd choice: # {58}
3rd choice: # {67}
4th choice: # {96}
5th choice: # {81}

Re: Shale logo contest vote

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
I agree that this is a tough decision:

 1st choice: # {14}
 2nd choice: # {15}
 3rd choice: # {19}
 4th choice: # {81}
 5th choice: # {72}

Sean

Shale logo contest vote

Posted by Sanoop Kuniel <sa...@kuniel.net>.
Heres my vote:

1st choice: # {57}
2nd choice: # {73}
3rd choice: # {77}
4th choice: # {96}
5th choice: # {15}

- Sanoop

Re: Shale logo contest vote

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.
Here's my vote:

1st choice: # {81}
2nd choice: # {19}
3rd choice: # {17}
4th choice: # {94}
5th choice: # {37}

Greg

Re: Shale logo contest vote

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.
BTW, don't worry about the fact that #14 and #17 are duplicates.
I'll combine the vote in the tally.  If you want to vote for it, then
just pick one.  So far no one has tried to vote for both :-)

Greg