Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/01/21 18:04:33 UTC

Re: svn commit: r371079 - in /maven/components/trunk: maven-core-it/README.txt maven-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/lifecycle/DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java maven-project/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/project/DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java

Is this going to land on the branch eventually? Seems like too big a
change for there, so should the removal of the exception be done there
independently?

- Brett

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> Is this going to land on the branch eventually?

That's the plan.

> Seems like too big a
> change for there, so should the removal of the exception be done there
> independently?

I'll decide once I'm further with the refactoring. I've got a couple ITs
to check in which demonstrate some other general problems with the
current order of operations in the project builder. I'm going to build
up the ITs for the embedder, the ant tasks as well as the ITs which
demonstrate the current problems. If I can't get those all working
satisfactorily I'll selectively snip out the duplicate but I think it
will make it easier for me (and others) to fix some other bugs.

> - Brett
>
> jvanzyl@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: jvanzyl
>> Date: Sat Jan 21 08:36:06 2006
>> New Revision: 371079

>> Log:
>> [MNG-1980] Removing the duplicate ID, the reactor will catch duplicate IDs in a single build so it doesn't not need
>>            to be checked for in the project builder. I have removed the model caching for now while I'm refactoring
>>            the project builder. The plan is to break the 1000+ lines down into its constituent components and use
>>            a pipeline to build up the project.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

  -- Unknown--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

A man enjoys his work when he understands the whole and when he
is responsible for the quality of the whole

  -- Christopher Alexander