Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Carl Mace <mc...@ist4.co.umist.ac.uk> on 2001/03/01 19:02:32 UTC

Transforming XML ito open in Excel

Hi

I'm trying to convert xml so that it will open up an excel spreadsheet
in the browser.

I heard that you can do it 2 ways

1.Set the content-type to application/vnd.msexcel on the html page
and then write the formatted code for tabels or
2.Set the content-type to application/vnd.msexcel and output CSV

I'm not sure how to do either, can anyone help me out??

Rgrds

Re: selecting / displaying only one node value out of the many identical values

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Tapan Nanawati wrote:

> I am  not sure if this is basic question but even a hint in the form of
> statement  / query may be of help.

this is an XSLT question, not a cocoon question. suggest you ask on the
mulberrytech XSLT list or check their FAQ.

- donald

selecting / displaying only one node value out of the many identical values

Posted by Tapan Nanawati <ta...@yahoo.com>.
I am  not sure if this is basic question but even a hint in the form of
statement  / query may be of help.

I have an XML like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<clothes>
<category name="shirts">
	<sno times="1">
		<brand>Arrow</brand>
		<size>X-L</size>

	<sno times="2">
		<brand>Arrow</brand>
		<size>Med</size>

	<sno times="3">
		<brand>Arrow</brand>
		<size>L</size>

	<sno times="4">
		<brand>Lee</brand>
		<size>X-L</size>
</category>
</clothes>

this XML is genereted based on query from a user and comes from a database.
I want to display to the user only  the available "brands"  of shirts
Ie. output shall be only
"Arrow" and "Lee" in my case. and the user can then  further query on the
subitems like "size" and "color". SO I want a
< Select "brand"  from "clothes/category/sno" where "there is no repetiion"
>  (:-)
sort of query. I hope I could make myself clear.
what XSL query can I write for this!
Thanks for the attenttion

Tapan Nanawati
tapan_nanawati@yahoo.com