Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Anthony Ikeda <An...@cardlink.com.au> on 2010/05/26 06:49:12 UTC

HBase and Stargate

I've created a client to connect to the Stargate REST interface which
appears to be working. However, when I tried to create my initial table
it appears that there is no data in the response. Is this expected?

I can't seem to locate any documentation on the Input/Output of calls to
Stargate. The package-summary of the HBase API uses curl as an example
with data being returned at the command line, but each call I make via
JAX-WS the response is empty. When I use curl (on my Mac for example)
nothing is returned to the command line.

Would I be correct in Assuming:

PUT = void

POST = void

GET = String

DELETE = void   ?

Anthony Ikeda

Java Analyst/Programmer

Cardlink Services Limited

Level 4, 3 Rider Boulevard

Rhodes NSW 2138

Web: www.cardlink.com.au | Tel: + 61 2 9646 9221 | Fax: + 61 2 9646 9283

This e-mail message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any display, dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited.   If you believe you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail message or by telephone to (02) 9646 9222. Please delete the email and any attachments and do not retain the email or any attachments in any form.

RE: HBase and Stargate

Posted by Anthony Ikeda <An...@cardlink.com.au>.
I've also noticed that creating a scanner is not returning me the
scanner URI.

[...]

logo_cardlink1

visit http://www.mci.com

RE: HBase and Stargate

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
> The package-summary of
> the HBase API uses curl as an example with data being
> returned at the command line

Those dumps were made with curl -v, which shows headers as well as any response (body) data.

> However, when I tried
> to create my initial table it appears that there is no data
> in the response. Is this expected?

If the table is created successfully the HTTP result code will be 201 (Created) and the Location result header will contain the URI of the table resource that was just created.

   - Andy

RE: HBase and Stargate

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>.

Web: www.cardlink.com.au<http://www.cardlink.com.au> | Tel: + 61 2 9646 9221 | Fax: + 61 2 9646 9283