Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by K Br <ko...@ny.com> on 2002/03/04 07:20:27 UTC

Problem with custom tag: can't load class file

With TC4.0.2 standalone I am unable to load a
simple (bodyless) custom tag. It fails to
load the class file.

This is the basic Hello World tag
of Jakarta. The attempt to load the
jsp file containing the tag <jlib:Hello/>
throws the exception:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: /U.jsp(14,2) Unable to load class basic.Hello
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.init(TagBeginGenerator.java:139)

The class file (it extends TagSupport class)
is located in WEB-INF/class/basic/Hello.class.

Why does it fail to load the class? I thouhg all classes
under WEB-INF/class are automtically loaded by
the container.

The tld file is:

<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.1//EN"

"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">

<taglib>
        <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
        <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>