Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/10 18:21:28 UTC

Merging the auto-props branch to trunk

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just one branch, ^/subversion/branches/auto-props-sdc.  The autoprops
> work is done, starting in on "global-ignores".  This should be ready
> for review shortly, a week or two at worst.

Is there a compelling reason for you to tackle these together?  Why
not merge the autoprops work to trunk?  The work on that branch is
probably the best review your inherited props code could get as people
can see how the API is used to implement an inherited prop feature.
It would seem worthwhile to get it on trunk and keep the review chunks
smaller.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Merging the auto-props branch to trunk

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM, C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net> wrote:
> On 10/10/2012 12:21 PM, Mark Phippard wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just one branch, ^/subversion/branches/auto-props-sdc.  The autoprops
>>> work is done, starting in on "global-ignores".  This should be ready
>>> for review shortly, a week or two at worst.
>>
>> Is there a compelling reason for you to tackle these together?  Why
>> not merge the autoprops work to trunk?  The work on that branch is
>> probably the best review your inherited props code could get as people
>> can see how the API is used to implement an inherited prop feature.
>> It would seem worthwhile to get it on trunk and keep the review chunks
>> smaller.
>
> Yeah, I agree.  Let's go ahead and make these feature available as their
> coding is completed.  I know *I'd* like to play with them!

You are both correct, there's no reason not to get a review of the
current auto-props work underway and get it merged back to trunk.  I
want to quickly update the SDC wiki to describe what I did and then
request a review (though anyone who wants to can check out the branch
right now as it's ready to go).

--
Paul T. Burba
CollabNet, Inc. -- www.collab.net -- Enterprise Cloud Development