Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kent Närling <ke...@seamless.se> on 2009/01/26 13:11:56 UTC

Adding pre-release steps...?

Just asking to see if anyone wanted to do the same and hints about the best
way of doing this:
I would like to add some simple standard pre-validation steps before making
a release of any project in the company.
For instance checking that some standard files (release notes, etc) are
present and up-to-date etc

What is the best way to achieve this?

Adding standard configuration for the release plugin in the root parent
project?

We are running continuum and invoice the release plugin there, which is
working nicely so I don't want to change any of that behaviour, just want to
add this behaviour...

Grateful for any pointers or if there is stuff others did in this area etc
:-)

Re: Adding pre-release steps...?

Posted by "Edelson, Justin" <Ju...@mtvstaff.com>.
Unless the inheriting project overrides the preparationGoals property
explicitly, you should be good.

Re: Adding pre-release steps...?

Posted by Kent Närling <ke...@seamless.se>.

Re: Adding pre-release steps...?