Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Ray, Stephen L" <st...@boeing.com> on 2005/11/23 17:33:20 UTC

Firewall problems

I'm just getting started with getting Maven2 up and running.  I've
downloaded the install (binaries) and installed things.  I get the error
that it can't check the plugins.  I am behind a firewall. I've read the
archives about proxies.  I've followed the instructions for
settings.xml, no JOY.  Can someone tell me how to validate my proxy
settings?  Is there a simple test that I can do to track down the
problem.  I'm running on Redhat Enterprise.  Any help would be
appreciated.

   Steve
AGPS Architect
237-3530

Re: Firewall problems

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
I think the link below is more informative than that in the archives...

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html