Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tod Thomas <tt...@chubb.com> on 2003/11/11 21:40:56 UTC

Navigation Applet?

If I decide to provide a navigation menu applet to replace the default
Jetspeed header will it be able to inherit any user customizations applied
to the portal?

My thought is that since everything that makes up the presentation of the
final page is at some level part of the same http request, there should be a
way to derive any user defined settings that are applied to the portlets in
the applet.  For example, the user changes to a different skin, could I then
make sure the refreshed applet changes its 'skin' thereby reflecting the
portlets changes?

Thanks.