Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Adam Henderson Azudio <az...@hotmail.com> on 2005/09/28 20:38:43 UTC

Dynamic component inclusion question

Hi all,

Is this possible...

Say I have a page with an Area component. The Area component looks up
a file (XML), and in that XML file is defines a list of components
eg: PromoBox, OffersList.

The XML file also defines the parameters for the above components, so
the PromoBox's promoId parameter can be defined.

The point is I'd like to have a component that can render out a list
of arbitrary components by reading an external source (XML in this
case).

Adam

Re: Dynamic component inclusion question

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Take a look at DynamicBlock  ( http://w3t.org/?u=4ug ) .
I haven't used it, so I don't know if it works in all cases (i.e. inside
forms or in Tap4),
and you probably cannot pass parameters to the included components,
but it might be a good starting place

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.