Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Kevin McIntyre <ke...@west28.com> on 2002/06/24 17:03:34 UTC

New Repository | Admin Mailet

Looking to contribute these james add-ons.  I've checkout out the src, but I
am a little puzzled about adding files.

FilteredUserResposity - Gives users the ability ability to block by email,
domain.  Works as File/JDBC (No LDAP - clueless here).  Users can also
enable filtering where only "clearedsenders" goto inbox.
Uncleared/Unblocked emails goto another respository that sends the user an
email (based on user defined values) with a list of "Waiting emails".  Users
can add "Waiters" to cleared/blocked or dump specific emails.  The user
actions are driven through emails to themselves with the Subject Line like:

MAILADMIN-blockemail=~foo@domain.com;sendconfig;blockdomain=domain.com;

Admin Mailet - This mailet gives the postmaster the ability to do all the
telnet operations through self-addressed emails with the Subject Lines like:
(Note-verifyIdentity must be true and WARNS if authRequired is false)

MAILADMIN-adduser foo bar; setpassword foo taco;

RE: New Repository | Admin Mailet

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Kevin,

As I understand it, the procedure is as follows:

 1. Make sure your code is building against the current CVS.
 2. Make sure it follows the conventions define for James.
 3. To be nice, document sample configurations in the file comments.
 4. Submit the source files as attachments to the mailing list.
 5. Wait for the James committers to vet and add your code to the CVS.

Sometime after I get back from holiday, I expect to create a library for
people to register Matchers and Mailets, since not everything will be part
of the James distribution.

	--- Noel