Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Abdullah Shaikh <ab...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/16 08:05:13 UTC

Not able to update Company postal address

When I try to update the Company's Postal Address using the Update button in
Profile's Contact Information section, I get the below error,

The Following Errors Occurred:

Error trying to begin transaction, could not process method: The current
transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new transaction and
aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by: Service
[updateEftAccount] threw an unexpected
exception/errororg.ofbiz.service.ServiceValidationException: The following
required parameter is missing: [updateEftAccount.nameOnAccount] (The
following required parameter is missing: [updateEftAccount.nameOnAccount])

1) From the error it seems that while updating the Postal Address it also
calls the updateEftAccount service. why does it call this service ?
2) Even if it calls this server there is no input fields related to this
service on the update Postal Address page.

or if its like that we need to update the Account details to reflect the
Company's updated Postal Address ? then we need to handle case for
nameOnAccount

Should I raise a jira for this ?

- Abdullah

Re: Not able to update Company postal address

Posted by Abdullah Shaikh <ab...@gmail.com>.
I have checked this issue, the error is because the seed data doesn't have
nameOnAccount for EftAccount entity, and when the updatePaymentMethodAddress
seca service is called when you update the party's postal address, in it
turns calls the updateEftAccount service which has nameOnAccount set to
optional="false", this results in error.

>From business point of view is the  account name (nameOnAccount) of bank
account (EftAccount) mandatory ?

If yes then we need to have nameOnAccount set in seed data and if no, then
we need to make nameOnAccount field optional in updateEftAccount.

Let me know if nameOnAccount shoud be mandatory or not, so that I can
provide a patch.

I have raised a jira for this at

- Abdullah

Posted by "Kevin M. Myer" <km...@gmail.com>.
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I have run across this issue
while trying to setup a demo site for internal testing.  Is there any
resolution to this issue in the works or are potential users left to
test with only static seed data?  I'd like to test with a real company
name, organizational structure and a few facilities, so folks can
grasp what Ofbiz can really do.  I realize ERP packages are complex
but figuring out how to change a company address should not be the bar
to entry :)

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
have you tried this on the demo sites?
I click on update and it worked
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/partymgr/control/editcontactmech?partyId=Company&contactMechId=9000

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Kevin M. Myer sent the following on 5/20/2010 1:49 PM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abdullah Shaikh <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hey Ashish, I am fine, thanks :)