Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com> on 2012/02/02 18:29:28 UTC

Scala and River

How do people feel about having a Scala interface for accessing a Djinn?

For example;

 - Want to shut down all the services?  "mydjinn map shutdown"
 - Want to do something to all the spaces?  "mydjinn filter spaces map
doSomething"

Let just say that something is taking shape which will provide a very
easy mechanism to gain access to simple djinn setup.

I'm kind of interested in how much people would like to see it, but
since it's getting written anyway, I'm also interested to know how/if
we can modify the build to build the new Scala bits.

Cheers,

Tom

Re: Scala and River

Posted by Dan Creswell <da...@gmail.com>.

On 2 February 2012 17:29, Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> How do people feel about having a Scala interface for accessing a Djinn?

Neutral. I ultimately want to spend some time pondering implications for
packaging of services, classloading and such just because those are the
usual pain points, not because I know there's a problem.

> For example;
>
>  - Want to shut down all the services?  "mydjinn map shutdown"
>  - Want to do something to all the spaces?  "mydjinn filter spaces map
> doSomething"
>
> Let just say that something is taking shape which will provide a very
> easy mechanism to gain access to simple djinn setup.
>
> I'm kind of interested in how much people would like to see it, but
> since it's getting written anyway, I'm also interested to know how/if
> we can modify the build to build the new Scala bits.

I've managed some mixed java/scala builds using sbt, no experience with
trying to get ant to do such a thing....