Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rademacher Tobias <To...@grob.de> on 2003/07/03 11:02:42 UTC

Using pojo-beans in html:text?!

Hi Folks,

I have a JSP site using struts html-taglib, jstl and jsp-tags.

So I have the following strutcture:

<jsp:useBean id="division"
               class="de.grob.portal.domain.pojo.DivisionTO"
               scope="session"
 />
<jsp:include page="/work/foo.jsp" flush="true"/>

Included page foo.jsp

  	     	  property="name"
  		  size="40"
  		  maxlength="45"
  		  style="margin-left:25%"
   />
  .
  .

It seems the division Bean reference is not found by html:text in any scope.
If I add a name attribute to the ActionForm assigend to the html-form Action
_this_ bean is contains the typed in value. So what is the sence of the name
attribute if it wont work. Does it only searches the page scope? Why cannot
I configure a scope for html:text? What did I wrong?

Thx for advise

Toby

Re: Using pojo-beans in html:text?!

Posted by Dirk Markert <di...@dr-markert.de>.
Hello Toby,

   where or what exactly is your problme?  See below.

RT> Hi Folks,

RT> I have a JSP site using struts html-taglib, jstl and jsp-tags.

RT> So I have the following strutcture:

RT> <jsp:useBean id="division"
RT>                class="de.grob.portal.domain.pojo.DivisionTO"
RT>                scope="session"
RT>  />
RT> <jsp:include page="/work/foo.jsp" flush="true"/>

RT> Included page foo.jsp

RT>                   property="name"
RT>                   size="40"
RT>                   maxlength="45"
RT>                   style="margin-left:25%"
RT>    />
RT>   .
RT>   .

RT> It seems the division Bean reference is not found by html:text in any scope.
Is it found or not. Do you get any error message?

RT> If I add a name attribute to the ActionForm assigend to the html-form Action
RT> _this_ bean is contains the typed in value.
What do you mean?

RT> RT> So what is the sence of the name
RT> attribute if it wont work. Does it only searches the page scope? Why cannot
RT> I configure a scope for html:text? What did I wrong?

RT> Thx for advise

RT> Toby

Dirk

| Dirk Markert                     dirk.markert@dr-markert.de |
| Dr. Markert Softwaretechnik AG                              |
| Joseph-von-Fraunhofer-Str. 20                               |
| 44227 Dortmund                                              |