Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hertenstein Alain <al...@gva.eri.ch> on 2003/08/25 14:21:22 UTC

RE : RE : Folder Permissions taken over by Tomcat 4

John,

Your theory is wrong, and here is why : how would Tomcat be able to change
your permissions, if you set an "access-denied" type of permission to Tomcat
so that he -cannot- change your permissions ? This is obvious : you prevent
Tomcat from accessing some of your JSP files : therefore he won't be able to
access them neither change their permissions... Just logical.

My problem here is different, and doesn't have anything to do with a
Microsoft tool or the like (since like I said, Tomcat is installed on a
Linux server, and besides, Microsoft users don't have such "tools" or
"knowledge" to change permissions back to Tomcat4 users (why would they do
that ?)). Have to check if it's Samba related, thanks for the suggestion.

Definitely, what I say here is for true : restart Tomcat4 and all your
permissions you might have set before in your web application folder are
replaced, and I'm talking about Linux OS, didn't try it on Windows.
And I want to prevent this from happening.

Anyone has an idea ?
Thank you