Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tim Moreton <ti...@acunu.com> on 2011/02/25 19:09:30 UTC

Acunu beta

I wanted to let everyone know that we're expanding our beta for the
Acunu Storage Platform, which comprises a modified version of
Cassandra that interfaces directly on to a storage stack reengineered
for "Big Data" workloads.

Acunu runs Cassandra applications unmodified, but provides (as we'll
be talking about on our blog in the coming weeks) higher, more
predictable performance, automated tiering over SSDs, very fast
rebuild from disk failure, and space-efficient clones of
ColumnFamilies, among many other things. We also have a suite of
Cassandra cluster deployment, management and monitoring tools.

Cassandra's a great project, and we have a lot of patches we've
started contributing back to the community. We'll be open sourcing our
storage stack, too.

Please get in touch if you're interested in putting it through its paces!

Tim

--
http://www.acunu.com | @acunu