Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/16 16:26:29 UTC

Bug in MDB container

Hi Dain,
            Here is an issue for you to fix in the MDB container :-).
                  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-409
           Some questions also

Will there be an AMQ instance running in the same VM as OEJB?  Looking
at the code there seems to be a connector to connect to 51616 port as
per the conf now. Does this mean we need to start a separate
independent AMQ instance at this port. If not how to start the
embedded AMQ in OEJB

Thanks
Manu

Re: Bug in MDB container

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Dec 19, 2006, at 9:30 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2006, at 1:40 AM, Manu George wrote:
>
>> Hi Mohammad,
>>              Yes we can run an independent version of the MDB
>> container. I am able to run an MDB after making some changes to the
>> codebase and running a separate amq instance in that port. There
>> are a
>> number of changes that needed to be made to the codebase to make the
>> MDB work.
>
> Impressive patch.  That code was more or less thrown in pre-MDB-
> container hence the odd mix of things going to the stateless
> container -- very tricky to navigate.  You did a great job finding
> your way through misleading code.  Kudos.
>
> I'm going to see if I can't write a ServerService to boot the
> ActiveMQ broker in the same vm so we can add some MDB tests to the
> test suite.
>
> Pretty exciting!

Ok, I have a basic ActiveMQ BrokerService running now on port 4206.
This runs only in the openejb-standalone assembly, so it doesn't help
much with the embedded testing thing but it will work when unzipping
and running a standalone install.

Going to see if I can't come up with an option to have an in-vm
embedded broker for the rest of the tests.

-David

Re: Bug in MDB container

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dain,

Thanks for the info and the spec reference. It saved me the task of
going through the MDB part once again ;). Thanks again.

Regards
Manu

Re: Bug in MDB container

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Re: Bug in MDB container

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Re: Bug in MDB container

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: Bug in MDB container

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mohammad,
              Yes we can run an independent version of the MDB
container. I am able to run an MDB after making some changes to the
codebase and running a separate amq instance in that port. There are a
number of changes that needed to be made to the codebase to make the
MDB work. I will verify the changes and attach a patch for review.

Thanks
Manu

Re: Bug in MDB container

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.