Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Leonardo <mi...@ifactory.com> on 2008/04/10 22:41:39 UTC

Looking to make internal repository externally access

Hello,

My company has an internal maven repo that I would like to have accessible from the outside. The problem is that it's a private repo - so we want to at least have basic auth on it when it is externally accessible. Up until now we've been just using vpn - but we we've been having issues with our vpn software. How can I set up my applications to use the repo, but somehow include a basic auth username and password to connect to the repo?

- Mike

RE: Looking to make internal repository externally access

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
How you secure it depends on what you use to run your repo. If it's one of the repo managers, then you would configure security there. If it's something simple like apache, then you would add one of the many authentication modules.

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Hi,

for basic auth just put a <server/> element [1] with the same id as your
repository definition in your settings.xml. If you want more security
than just basic auth, there is a guide [2] describing authentication
with client certificates over https on the maven homepage.

-Tim

[1] http://maven.apache.org/settings.html#Servers
[2] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-repository-ssl.html