Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no> on 2003/11/14 14:52:18 UTC

multpiple recipients for one e-mail address

Hi there, call me dumb, but I'm having problem here again .-)

I think I solved my multiple domain issued with the JDBCVirtualUserTable
mailet, (if I have figured it out correctly) however I've stumbled upon
a new one...

my problem is that I want 1 e-mail address to end up in multiple mailboxes.

ie post[at]domain.net  should end up in the mailbox for user1 and user2
and user3

I've looked at both the setAlias command and the setForwarding command,
but from what I've seen these commands can olny set 1 destination
e-mail-address/user

I also thought of using JDBCVirtualUserTable, unfourtunally, using the
create script provided in the faq for this, I cannot have 2 rows with
the same user/domain and different targets.

I thought of removing the primary keys on this table, which lets me have
more rows of that sort, but I'm not sure how the JDBCVirtualUserTable
mailet would react to that.  would it just take the first row found? or
would it forwards to several.

do I have to configure these mail-adresses that should have multiple
recipinents in the config.xml using the forward mailet?

thanks for any help

/Christian

Re: multpiple recipients for one e-mail address

Posted by Steven Harris <st...@kenamea.com>.
Some guy wrote a tutorial that has a database driven version of this
concept.

http://rzserv2.fhnon.de/~lg002556/james/James.html

Posted by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Craig Raw wrote:
> Christian Andersson wrote:
> > my problem is that I want 1 e-mail address to end up in multiple
mailboxes.

> I did this by modifying JDBCVirtualUserTable a little

> I posted on this a while back - but no answer received :(

Just one of the many e-mails in my backlog.  Will reply in a moment.

	--- Noel

Re: multpiple recipients for one e-mail address

Posted by Craig Raw <cr...@quirk.co.za>.