Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org> on 2023/07/07 19:02:41 UTC

JavaDoc generated with -noindex

Why is our javadoc currently generated with -noindex? I did some digging
and found that we set that back in LUCENE-3977 to save 10MB, and then added
a property to re-enable it in LUCENE-4237, but I think that got lost in the
gradle migration.

While the index might have been useless at the time, it now powers the
javadoc search box, see a demo at https://youtu.be/VrI6rJNO2x4?t=925 -- The
full spec is described at
https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/17/docs/specs/javadoc/javadoc-search-spec.html

I think this would be a useful thing to include, at least for releases.
WDYT?

Mike

Re: JavaDoc generated with -noindex

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
Yeah my bad, didnt read which list it was.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

--
https://www.thetaphi.de
eMail:uwe@thetaphi.de