Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Katie Wilkie <Ka...@gtnet.com> on 2005/04/27 14:48:15 UTC

Receiving other portlets parameters in request

Hi,

I have a portlet on a page which also includes the standard Bookmark
portlet. If I view the help page for the Bookmark portlet, as well as the
help information, there is a Cancel button at the bottom. If I click the
Cancel button, the request that my portlet receives in the doView method
includes a parameter for the cancel button (which I would not expect). My
portlet uses the Request Dispatcher to include content from a servlet. If I
call getMethod on the servlet request within my servlet, the method returns
POST rather then GET. Since I am including the servlet, I would expect the
method to be GET. I've noticed this does not happen if I use the small view
icon in the title bar of the Bookmark portlet and doesn't happen when I
interact with other portlets on the page (for example the Pick a Number
portlet).

Is this behaviour correct?

Thanks.

Katie Wilkie.

This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is intended
solely for the addressee. If you have received this communication in error
please remove it and inform us via telephone or email.

Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments are free
from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds.

The views represented within this mail are solely the view of the
author and do not reflect the views of Graham Technology as a whole.

Re: Receiving other portlets parameters in request

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Hi Katie,

Sorry for the (very) long delay, but this has been fixed now.
The Bookmark portlet incorrectly used a RenderURL for the Cancel action.
Not sure yet why this causes parameters to be "broad casted" but this
isn't the case when a (required) ActionURL is used.

Regards, Ate