Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com> on 2015/08/07 09:13:52 UTC

Installation procedure for Faclon for Apache hadoop

Hi Team,is there any documentation available for installing and configuring falcon for stock vanila Apache hadoop ? It fairly easier fro HDP using Ambari, but the procedure is not very clear for installing it with Stock Apache hadoop. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

*------------------------*

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!

Re: Installation procedure for Faclon for Apache hadoop

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Thanks Pallavi, i still had the issue, will look into the jira and patch up.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Pallavi Rao <pa...@inmobi.com>.
Siddharth,
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-1412> with details and patch.

> [...]

>> the
>> > use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
>> > authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
>> privileged
>> > information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
>> notified
>> > that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
>> reliance
>> > on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
>> > unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
>> notify
>> > us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your
>> > system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete
>> transmission
>> > of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in

receipt.

RE: Installation procedure for Faclon for Apache hadoop

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.

Posted by Pallavi Rao <pa...@inmobi.com>.
Siddharth,
Falcon UI is undergoing transformation. There is an old simple UI (which
you see when you hit https://localhost:16443) and a new one (it is really
an alpha release). The new one is probably what is enabled by default in
the HDP release.

As far as I know, HDP bundles a "released" version of Falcon (0.6.1 in this
case). The github code is usually ahead of the released version and less
stable too, as active development will be going on.

Hortonworks folks will be in a better position to clarify.

Regards,
Pallavi

receipt.

Re: Installation procedure for Faclon for Apache hadoop

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Hi Pallavi,

Posted by Pallavi Rao <pa...@inmobi.com>.
Hey Siddharth,