Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org> on 2008/03/04 11:30:44 UTC

Migrate Lotus LDAP to ApacheDS

hi all

i want to create a ou=frans, and this is our root of lotus LDAP

we will move to ApacheDS from Lotus LDAP Server, and until todal cannot

anyone have thixs experience?

Re: Migrate Lotus LDAP to ApacheDS

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.
sorry

i try the server.xml in /conf and /instances/default/conf

in /conf the sevenseas not show up

in instance/default/conf

got this error

this is the log

[20:05:16] ERROR [org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper] - Failed on
null.init(InstallationLayout, String[])
with name 'configuration' defined in URL [file:/C:/Program Files/Apache
Directory Server/instances/default/conf/server.xml]: Cannot resolve
reference to bean 'sevenSeasPartitionConfiguration' while setting bean
property 'partitionConfigurations' with key [1]; nested exception is
with name 'sevenSeasPartitionConfiguration' defined in URL [file:/C:/Program
Files/Apache Directory Server/instances/default/conf/server.xml]:
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException
Caused by:
with name 'sevenSeasPartitionConfiguration' defined in URL [file:/C:/Program
Files/Apache Directory Server/instances/default/conf/server.xml]:
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException
Caused by:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.AttributesPropertyEditor.readEntry
(AttributesPropertyEditor.java:209)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.AttributesPropertyEditor.setAsText
(AttributesPropertyEditor.java:247)

Re: Migrate Lotus LDAP to ApacheDS

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Frans Thamura wrote:
>> The context entry is actually an LDIF record. You can't use '=' in it...
>> Just replace "o=sevenSeas" by "o: sevenSeas" and everything will work...
>>

> work well now :0 thx
>
> hehe :)
>
> thx all brothers

Good catch, Pierre-Arnaud !!!

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Migrate Lotus LDAP to ApacheDS

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi,

You have a problem in your "contextEntry" property.

<property name="contextEntry">
     <value>
       objectClass: top
       objectClass: domain
       objectClass: extensibleObject
       o=sevenSeas
     </value>
</property>

The context entry is actually an LDIF record. You can't use '=' in it...
Just replace "o=sevenSeas" by "o: sevenSeas" and everything will work...

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.
this is my sevenseasPartition

i try to restart, restarting success, but the o=sevenseas is not show up in
apache studio

i think i follow the right step

  <bean id="sevenSeasPartitionConfiguration" class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableBTreePartitionConfiguration
">
    <property name="id" value="sevenseas" />
    <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
    <property name="suffix" value="o=sevenSeas" />
    <property name="partitionClassName"
      value="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmPartition" />

    <!-- the optimizer is enabled by default but may not always be what
-->
    <!-- you want if your queries are really simple
-->
    <property name="optimizerEnabled" value="true" />

    <!--
      Synchronization on writes does not wait for synch operations
      to flush dirty pages.  Writes persist immediately to disk at
      a cost to performance with increased data integrity.  Otherwise
      the periodic synch operation will flush dirty pages using the
      synchPeriodMillis parameter in the main configuration.
    -->
    <property name="synchOnWrite" value="true" />
    <property name="indexedAttributes">
      <set>
        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.1"
/>
          <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
        </bean>
        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.2"
/>
          <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
        </bean>
        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.3"
/>
          <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
        </bean>
        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.4"
/>
          <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
        </bean>
        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.5"
/>
          <property name="cacheSize" value="10" />
        </bean>
        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.6"
/>
          <property name="cacheSize" value="10" />
        </bean>
        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.7"
/>
          <property name="cacheSize" value="10" />
        </bean>

        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="dc" />
          <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
        </bean>
        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="ou" />
          <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
        </bean>
        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="krb5PrincipalName" />
          <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
        </bean>
        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="uid" />
          <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
        </bean>
        <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration
">
          <property name="attributeId" value="objectClass" />

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.

> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/144-adding-your-own-partition-resp-suffix.html

i follow the steps, and the apacheds run well, but the sevenseas is not show
up in the apachestudio

i got this

which one is the right one

the server.xml have id not the name
<property name="id" value="sevenseas" />

but the page :

    <property name="name" value="the seven seas" />

Re: Migrate Lotus LDAP to ApacheDS

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Frans Thamura wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Frans Thamura wrote:
>>
>>> hi all
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>>> i want to create a ou=frans, and this is our root of lotus LDAP
>>>

>> This should not be a problem :
>>
>> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/144-adding-your-own-partition-resp-suffix.html
>>
>>> we will move to ApacheDS from Lotus LDAP Server, and until todal cannot
>>>

> i got LDAP error when try to create from Apache Studio
>
> can help?

No.  I have no idea of the kind of problem you have...

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Frans Thamura wrote:
> hi all

Hi,
> i want to create a ou=frans, and this is our root of lotus LDAP

This should not be a problem :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/144-adding-your-own-partition-resp-suffix.html
> we will move to ApacheDS from Lotus LDAP Server, and until todal cannot

What kind of problem do you have exactly ?
> anyone have thixs experience?

Not exactly this one (migrating lotus -> ADS), but they are both LDAP
servers, so ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com