Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jakoby Thorsten <Th...@novatec-gmbh.de> on 2017/04/27 12:19:47 UTC

Usage of qpid in JavaEE Websphere Liberty with AMQP 1.0

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use qpid in order to communicate with a queue at Azure Service Bus.

In a very basic application that works fine.

But in the target project the environment as a IBM WebSphere Liberty Profile application which is using JMS.

I tried to configure qpid-rar as resource adapter but it is not able to connect with Azure SB.

Instead of connecting it is complaining about "Not a AMQP URL".

It seems that the qpid-rar is not AMQP 1.0 compatible.

Can somebody please give me a hint how I could use qpid for connecting Azure Service Bus in a Java EE application server ?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Thorsten Jakoby?

Re: Usage of qpid in JavaEE Websphere Liberty with AMQP 1.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 27 April 2017 at 13:19, Jakoby Thorsten
<Th...@novatec-gmbh.de> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> I am trying to use qpid in order to communicate with a queue at Azure Service Bus.
>
> In a very basic application that works fine.
>
> But in the target project the environment as a IBM WebSphere Liberty Profile application which is using JMS.
>
> I tried to configure qpid-rar as resource adapter but it is not able to connect with Azure SB.
>
> Instead of connecting it is complaining about "Not a AMQP URL".
>
> It seems that the qpid-rar is not AMQP 1.0 compatible.

That's correct, that was inherently tied to the AMQP 0-x JMS client.
It won't actually be present beyond the 6.1.x line of releases:

> Can somebody please give me a hint how I could use qpid for connecting Azure Service Bus in a Java EE application server ?

The AMQP 1.0 JMS client does not have a specific JCA resource adapter
of its own, so you would either have to try some of the attempts at
generic ones (not something I have tried), or perhaps simply invoke
its use directly as you might outwith Java EE.