Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Sam Adams <sb...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/12 11:59:58 UTC

Performing Tasks on a Subset of Nodes when using ComputeTaskContinuousMapper

Hi,

When using ComputeTaskContinuousMapper is it possible to send the tasks to
a subset of nodes in the cluster?

I start a compute job by running:

ignite.compute(ignite.cluster().forRemotes())

Then in my ComputeTaskAdapter I call:

mapper.send(new MyComputeJobAdapter())

But I see jobs running on the local node.

Thanks,

Sam

Re: Performing Tasks on a Subset of Nodes when using ComputeTaskContinuousMapper

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 2:59 AM, Sam Adams <sb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When using ComputeTaskContinuousMapper is it possible to send the tasks to
> a subset of nodes in the cluster?
>
> I start a compute job by running:
>
> ignite.compute(ignite.cluster().forRemotes())
>
> Then in my ComputeTaskAdapter I call:
>
> mapper.send(new MyComputeJobAdapter())
>
> But I see jobs running on the local node.

Ouch, if this is the case, this sounds like a bug. Are you invoking the
continuous mapper from your task? It would help us if you could provide a
simple example, so we can reproduce it on our side.